Senior Support Worker
We are currently looking to add a Senior Support Worker to our team in Sheffield. Our service provides support to people with learning disabilities and mental health needs, living in supported living services across the city.
This is a fantastic network of services which enables great outcomes for the people we support.
Senior Support Worker Duties:
- Day-to-day coordination of person centred services with the target to meet the needs of the service users
- Supporting the management team to continuously improve and develop appropriate support plans in full consultation with our service users and other agencies
- Collaborating with service users, families, and involved professionals to provide a consistent and coordinated service that meets the needs of service users
- Communicating well with our service users, their families and all stakeholders
- Supervise and guide our staff team to deliver a consistently responsive and personalised service
- Great time management to be able to provide support across several locations.
We are looking for staff who have the commitment and dedication to go the extra mile to enable people to achieve their personal goals and make the most of every day!
The Registered Office is based in Intake, South East Sheffield and is close to the tram network and good bus routes. Services are based locally to the Registered Office.
Experience is essential for this role, as it the ability to demonstrate unconditional positive regard in a positive behavioural support setting.
You will be expected to work flexibly on a rota to meet the needs of the services, including evenings, weekends, and bank holidays.
Benefits of working with Creative Support:
- Free 24/7 counselling and employee support programme,
- Support to complete the nationally recognised Care Certificate,
- Competitive pay and a pension with company contribution and 28 days annual leave,
- Company paid enhanced DBS for all staff,
- All our staff are supported 24/7 by our out of hour’s teams.
We are a passionate, inclusive and anti-racist organisation. We embrace diversity and encourage applicants from all backgrounds and cultures. As a Disability Confident Employer we welcome applications from people with a disability, and as a proud Stonewall Diversity Champion we actively encourage applications from the LGBT+ community.
We would encourage you to apply to us even if you have not yet had your COVID 19 vaccine. You will be required to have your first COVID 19 vaccine prior to your interview and your second vaccine before you start work with us. This time will be used to complete post interview recruitment checks. Applicants who are unable to receive the vaccination on medical grounds are still welcome to apply with provision of their official NHS COVID pass letter of medical exemption.
We will be interviewing for this role as suitable applications are received and may close this role before the closing date upon a successful candidate being appointed.
In order to apply, please read the job description and then complete the online application form using the links above.
You can also download a copy of our application form using the links above. Completed Application Forms must be submitted to our Head Office address (below) or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered for the vacancy. If you have not received a response to your application within 10 working days of the closing date please accept this as notification of an unsuccessful application. Unsuccessful applicants must wait 6 months before reapplying.
If you require any advice on completing your application form, please call us on 0161 236 0829.
Recruitment Department, Creative Support Ltd, Wellington House, 131 Wellington Road South, Stockport, SK1 3TS