Residential Support Worker
Creative Support is a national, fast growing not-for-profit organisation providing support to individuals with a wide range of care needs. We are currently looking for Residential Support Workers to join our established team in Bedford, Bedfordshire located off of Goldington Road.
Our residential support workers provide care and support for 5 individuals with learning and physical disabilities, and other needs to enjoy an excellent quality of life in this residential care home. If you would like the rewarding role of working with people who have learning disabilities to achieve their life goals and join the local community (subject to COVID-restrictions) then we would love to hear from you.
The service is located 10 minutes from Bedford town centre off of the Goldington Road and near to Goldington Green. There is free onsite and on-street parking for staff and good transport links via the Number 10 and 27 buses. The service is a large bungalow with an expansive garden which the individuals love to spend time in during the warmer weather. Each service user has their own personalised bedroom and share a large communal living room complete with an aquarium and arts and crafts station, as well as a large shared kitchen where they enjoy eating meals together.
Individuals living at the service are sociable and active and enjoy lots of interaction with their staff. They enjoy spending quality time with the staff team at the service and out in the community. Examples of activities include walks around the local area, going shopping, sensory activities, shopping in the town centre, day trips out, visiting arts and crafts, and board games.
Support Worker Duties Include:
- Providing respectful and dignified personal care
- Medication administration
- Working shifts which include evenings, weekends and bank holidays
- Supporting service users with the activities they enjoy, such as bowling and going on walks around the Bedford area
- Collaborating with colleagues, families and involved professionals to ensure a coordinated and consistent service
- Supporting individuals to manage all aspects of their home environment and ensure it is reflective of their personal tastes and preferences
- Support with budgeting and finances
- Support with cooking and meal preparation
Experience is not essential for this role as full training will be provided. However, you must be able to demonstrate a warm and caring personality with a positive and proactive approach to the role. We welcome applications from experienced practitioners, graduates and individuals looking to pursue a career in social care.
Benefits of working with Creative Support:
- Comprehensive induction to Creative Support and your new place of work
- Free 24/7 counselling and employee support programme
- Support to complete the nationally recognised Care Certificate and the opportunity to undertake a diploma qualification
- Access to extensive training to support you to develop within your role
- Competitive pay and a pension with company contribution
- 28 days annual leave, pro rata
- Company paid enhanced DBS for all staff
- All our staff are supported 24/7 by our out of hours teams
- Choice of weekly or monthly pay
- One-off bonus of £250 on successful completion of a four-month probation period
- ‘Refer a Friend’ bonus scheme
We are a passionate, inclusive and anti-racist organisation. We embrace diversity and encourage applicants from all backgrounds and cultures. As a Disability Confident Employer we welcome applications from people with a disability, and as a proud Stonewall Diversity Champion we actively encourage applications from the LGBT+ community.
We can only accept applications from candidates who are located in and eligible to work within the UK
In order to apply, please read the job description and then complete the online application form using the links above.
You can also download a copy of our application form using the links above. Completed Application Forms must be submitted to our Head Office address (below) or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered for the vacancy. If you have not received a response to your application within 10 working days of the closing date please accept this as notification of an unsuccessful application. Unsuccessful applicants must wait 6 months before reapplying.
If you require any advice on completing your application form, please call us on 0161 236 0829.
Recruitment Department, Creative Support Ltd, Wellington House, 131 Wellington Road South, Stockport, SK1 3TS