Residential Support Worker
Creative Support is a non-profit provider of personalised care and support services for a wide range of service users. We are currently recruiting for enthusiastic and motivated Support Workers to join our residential service in Bromham, Bedford. If you would like a rewarding role that includes working with people who have learning and physical disabilities to achieve their life goals and join the local community (subject to COVID-restrictions) then we would love to hear from you.
Our service users at 3 The Glade, Bromham enjoy going out on local walks, watching films, bowling, discos, and going out shopping where we might even stop for a bite to eat! We are looking for support workers who are active, engaged and will empower these people to improve their independence and quality of life.
Day-to-day tasks of Support Workers would include:
- Supporting service users inside their own home and out in the Bromham community (subject to COVID-restrictions)
- Supporting service users to retain their independence by teaching life skills, such as shopping, using public transport and cooking
- Engaging in activities with the service users and encouraging them to take up hobbies and achieve their personal goals
- Providing emotional support for an individual and their families.
- Providing respectful personal care and helping service users retain their dignity at all times
- Assisting with the day-to-day running of the service, including administering medication, paperwork, emails and other office duties
Experience of working with people who have learning disabilities and/or autism is beneficial but isn’t essential as you will be provided with full training for the role. 3 The Glade has a great work culture and you will join a team who will support you to grow and develop.
Drivers are beneficial due to the location of this service. However, there are some bus stops nearby and if you are a driver, there is free parking offsite for staff.
Why you should work for us:
Creative Support is a company that cares and has recently obtained the Investors in People (IIP) Silver Award which means:
- You will receive ongoing training and will be supported with any further goals you wish to achieve
- You will always work in a COVID-secure environment including full PPE at all times and weekly testing
- Free-of-charge DBS certificate
- Free access to Health Assured
- Choice of weekly or monthly pay
We are a passionate, inclusive and anti-racist organisation. We embrace diversity and encourage applicants from all backgrounds and cultures. As a Disability Confident Employer we welcome applications from people with a disability, and as a proud Stonewall Diversity Champion we actively encourage applications from the LGBT+ community.
We can only accept applications from candidates who are located in and eligible to work within the UK.
We would encourage candidates to apply to this post as soon as possible. If we receive a large number of applications we may process these prior to the deadline.
In order to apply, please read the job description and then complete the online application form using the links above.
You can also download a copy of our application form using the links above. Completed Application Forms must be submitted to our Head Office address (below) or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered for the vacancy. If you have not received a response to your application within 10 working days of the closing date please accept this as notification of an unsuccessful application. Unsuccessful applicants must wait 6 months before reapplying.
If you require any advice on completing your application form, please call us on 0161 236 0829.
Recruitment Department, Creative Support Ltd, Wellington House, 131 Wellington Road South, Stockport, SK1 3TS