Relief Support Worker
Are you looking for a diverse role that is fun, stimulating and rewarding every day? Creative Support are currently looking for a caring individual to join our dedicated staff team as a Relief Support Worker at our Bury Learning Disability Service.
You will join an established and friendly team of staff supporting people who have learning disabilities to achieve their life goals and be part of the local community. If you would like the rewarding role of working with people to help them achieve an excellent quality of life then we would love to hear from you!
Relief Support Worker Duties:
- Providing respectful personal care, practical and emotional support,
- Assisting Service Users to participate in the local community,
- Ability to work flexibly in shifts over the weekend including waking nights,
- Develop and sustain warm and trusting relationships with service users,
- Collaborating with colleagues, families and involved professionals to ensure a coordinated and consistent service.
This rewarding role will require flexibility and experience is essential. The benefits of joining Creative Support as a Relief/Bank staff member is the flexibility to pick shifts to suit you and work in services that are local to you. We pay for a DBS for all staff and provide a free uniform where required. You will be paid on a weekly basis.
Benefits of working with Creative Support:
- A one-off bonus of £100 upon successful completion of the 4-month probationary period
- Competitive pay and a pension with company contribution and 28 days annual leave
- Company paid enhanced DBS for all staff
- Free employee support programme
- All our staff are supported 24/7 by our out-of-hours teams
- Support to complete the nationally recognised Care Certificate and Social Care Diploma
We are a passionate, inclusive and anti-racist organisation. We embrace diversity and encourage applicants from all backgrounds and cultures. As a Disability Confident Employer we welcome applications from people with a disability, and as a proud Stonewall Diversity Champion we actively encourage applications from the LGBT+ community.
We would encourage you to apply to us even if you have not yet had your COVID 19 vaccine. You will be required to have your first COVID 19 vaccine prior to your interview and your second vaccine before you start work with us. Applicants who are unable to receive the vaccination on medical grounds are still welcome to apply with provision of their official NHS COVID pass letter of medical exemption.
We can only accept applications from candidates who are located in and eligible to work within the UK.
We will be interviewing for this role as suitable applications are received and may close this role before the closing date upon a successful candidate being appointed.
In order to apply, please read the job description and then complete the online application form using the links above.
You can also download a copy of our application form using the links above. Completed Application Forms must be submitted to our Head Office address (below) or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered for the vacancy. If you have not received a response to your application within 10 working days of the closing date please accept this as notification of an unsuccessful application. Unsuccessful applicants must wait 6 months before reapplying.
If you require any advice on completing your application form, please call us on 0161 236 0829.
Recruitment Department, Creative Support Ltd, Wellington House, 131 Wellington Road South, Stockport, SK1 3TS