Relief Support Worker
Are you looking for a diverse role that is fun, stimulating and rewarding every day?
Creative Support is looking for warm, reliable and proactive Relief Support Workers to join our friendly staff team in Blackpool, Lancashire. Here we provide quality care and support for service users with support needs that may include: learning disabilities, autism, epilepsy.
At our vibrant services no two days will be the same as you support our service users to enjoy life to the fullest. This could include support in employment or volunteering, accessing the local community to shop – get out and about and socialise or even just chilling out at home watching TV. Our service users also receive support in the home to carry out daily living tasks, staff enable them to be as independent as possible whilst being on hand to help where needed. We are looking for someone with a great sense of humour and who is looking to join a friendly and energetic staff team.
Your role will include:
- Encouraging service users to engage in a range of exciting social activities both within and outside their homes,
- Developing warm and trusting relationships with service users and their families enabling them to enjoy their time at the service to the fullest
Full time hours and part time hours available and a willingness to work sleep in’s, shift patterns cover early, mid and late shifts.
We are looking for candidates from all walks of life. No previous care experience is needed, just a passion for providing person-centred care and support and working in a bright, friendly environment! Full training is provided by our Creative Support Training Academy, as is the opportunity to work towards QCF Diploma in Health and Social Care.
Benefits of working with Creative Support:
- Free 24/7 counselling and employee support programme,
- Support to complete the nationally recognised Care Certificate,
- Competitive pay and a pension with company contribution and 28 days annual leave,
- Company paid enhanced DBS for all staff,
- You can chose to be paid on a weekly or monthly basis,
- All our staff are supported 24/7 by our out of hour’s on call teams
- Staff can apply for a Blue Light card for discounts both online and in store for many major retailers
We are a passionate, inclusive and anti-racist organisation. We embrace diversity and encourage applicants from all backgrounds and cultures. As a Disability Confident Employer we welcome applications from people with a disability, and as a proud Stonewall Diversity Champion we actively encourage applications from the LGBT+ community.
We will be interviewing for this role as suitable applications are received and may close this role before the closing date upon a successful candidate being appointed.
We can only accept applications from candidates who are located in and eligible to work within the UK.
In order to apply, please read the job description and then complete the online application form using the links above.
You can also download a copy of our application form using the links above. Completed Application Forms must be submitted to our Head Office address (below) or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered for the vacancy. If you have not received a response to your application within 10 working days of the closing date please accept this as notification of an unsuccessful application. Unsuccessful applicants must wait 6 months before reapplying.
If you require any advice on completing your application form, please call us on 0161 236 0829.
Recruitment Department, Creative Support Ltd, Wellington House, 131 Wellington Road South, Stockport, SK1 3TS