Female Waking Night Support Worker
Could you be the next enthusiastic team-player to join our award winning care home. The Laurels has been recognised as being one of the 20 top rated Care Homes in the region based on published reviews from residents and their family and friends.
Creative Support is looking for a warm and caring Female Waking Night Care Worker to join our Residential Care Home (The Laurels) in Carlisle, Cumbria. Here we provide quality care and support to a number of residents, helping and encouraging them to lead a fulfilling and enriched life.
No two days at The Laurels are the same as we support our vibrant residents to follow their passions and engage in a range of activities. Even during lockdown we have been able to continue arranging enjoyable and entertaining experiences for all of our residents here in Carlisle. For example, last week we were feeding and cuddling lambs. One of our service users spoke so fondly of their old Norton motorbike that we brought one to the service for everyone to see!
The Laurels in Carlisle, Cumbria has a family feel and we enjoy sharing all our exciting activities with residents’ close family and friends on Facebook.
“This is the most supportive organisation I’ve worked for and I have worked in care for over 20 years. The training is excellent and if there’s anything you want to achieve or any ambitions you have, this is the right place to be.” – Shirley-Ann Tingey, Registered Manager
Your role will include:
- Providing personal care and administering medication,
- Encourage residents to engage in a range of exciting social activities both within and outside the home,
- Developing warm and trusting relationships with service users enabling them to enjoy their time at the service to the fullest,
- Full and part time posts are available with our waking night shift running from 9:15pm to 7:15am.
We offer a choice of weekly or monthly pay.
We are looking for candidates from all walks of life. No previous care experience is needed, just a passion for providing person-centred care and support and working in a fun environment!
Full training is provided by our Creative Support Training Academy, as is the opportunity to work towards QCF Diploma in Health and Social Care.
The service is located on a main public transport route with regular buses travelling in and around the area.
Benefits of working with Creative Support:
- A one-off bonus of £100 upon successful completion of the 4-month probationary period.
- Competitive pay and a pension with company contribution and 28 days annual leave,
- Company paid enhanced DBS for all staff
- Free employee support programme
- All our staff are supported 24/7 by our out-of-hours teams
- Support to complete the nationally recognised Care Certificate and Social Care Diploma
We are a passionate, inclusive and anti-racist organisation. We embrace diversity and encourage applicants from all backgrounds and cultures. As a Disability Confident Employer we welcome applications from people with a disability, and as a proud Stonewall Diversity Champion we actively encourage applications from the LGBT+ community.
We would encourage candidates to apply to this post as soon as possible. If we receive a large number of applications we may process these prior to the deadline. We will be interviewing for this role as suitable applications are received and may close this role before the closing date upon a successful candidate being appointed.
Gender is considered to be an occupational requirement – Equality Act 2010
We can only accept applications from candidates who are located in and eligible to work within the UK.