Female Waking Night Extra Care Support Worker
Creative Support is a non-profit provider of personalised care and support services to a wide range of service user groups. We are currently looking to add a Female Support Worker to work Waking Night shifts at our Extra Care Services in Slough.
Working as part of our team in Slough you will provide personal care, support with mediation, nutrition and wellbeing to individuals as part of a commissioned care package. You must be able to work using your own initiative, promote independence and work effectively to allow service users enjoy the highest quality of life.
Extra Care Support Worker Duties:
- Providing respectful personal care, practical and emotional support to older people
- Supporting service users to retain their independence for as long as possible
- Working as part of a team and alone in service user homes
- Collaborating with service users, families, and involved professionals to provide a consistent and coordinated service that meets the needs of service users
- Identifying and accessing opportunities with the service users to support them to lead meaningful and fulfilling lifestyles
Our two Extra Care Services in Slough provide accommodation and on site care and support to older people. Each service has a Team Leader to support the care staff and both services are supported by a Registered Manager. Please note we are only looking for Female Support Workers at this time due to the nature of the Service.
Benefits of working with Creative Support:
- A one-off bonus of £100 upon successful completion of the 4-month probationary period
- Competitive pay and a pension with company contribution and 28 days annual leave
- Company paid enhanced DBS for all staff
- Free employee support programme
- All our staff are supported 24/7 by our out-of-hours teams
- Support to complete the nationally recognised Care Certificate and Social Care Diploma
We offer a choice between weekly and monthly pay.
The Support Worker role offers the opportunity for you to work in an environment that encourages personal and professional development whilst undertaking a meaningful and rewarding role. Creative Support has obtained Investors in People Silver status and full training is provided. There are no requirements to travel from the service on a day to day basis.
The position is open to graduates, experienced practitioners, and people looking to start their career in social care. You must be warm and able to work in a person-centered way with older people.
Creative Support is a passionate, inclusive, and anti-racist organisation. We are a Stonewall Diversity Champion, Disability Confident Employer who have recently received Investors in People Silver award. We actively encourage applications from candidates from all backgrounds and cultures.
We expect all applicants to Creative Support to have had at least their first Covid 19 vaccination prior to starting employment with us and to be committed to having the second vaccination within a 3 month period.
Gender is considered to be an occupational requirement – Equality Act 2010
In order to apply, please read the job description and then complete the online application form using the links above.
You can also download a copy of our application form using the links above. Completed Application Forms must be submitted to our Head Office address (below) or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered for the vacancy. If you have not received a response to your application within 10 working days of the closing date please accept this as notification of an unsuccessful application. Unsuccessful applicants must wait 6 months before reapplying.
If you require any advice on completing your application form, please call us on 0161 236 0829.
Recruitment Department, Creative Support Ltd, Wellington House, 131 Wellington Road South, Stockport, SK1 3TS