Female Support Worker
Creative Support is a national, fast growing not-for-profit organisation providing support to individuals with a wide range of care needs. We are currently looking to add a Female Support Worker to our team in Alvaston, Derby.
We are looking for a confident, enthusiastic and motivated Female Support Worker to join our team in Alvaston, Derby. This service in Derby provides consistent, person centred support to individuals with a learning disability and/or mental health support needs. Some of the people we support may also have additional complex physical or other health and social needs. We offer an empowering model of support which enables people to lead fulfilling and happy lives, maintain their tenancies, participate in their local community, develop independent living skills and achieve their personal goals and desired outcomes.
Gender is considered to be an occupational requirement – Equality Act 2010
Support Worker Duties:
- Providing personal care and administering medication to service users
- Helping service users with domestic tasks such as cooking, cleaning, shopping etc.
- Accompanying service users when accessing the wider community and supporting with activities such as: shopping, maintaining friendships and family relationships, visiting the cinema and having meals out
- Willingness to work flexibly according to the needs of the service, to include days, evenings and weekends
A full UK driving license and ability to drive service users’ car is essential.
Previous care experience is desirable but not essential for this role, as we provide ongoing training and support through our Creative Support Training Academy. The ideal candidate will demonstrate a ‘can-do approach’, person-centred values, energy and commitment.
Benefits of working with Creative Support:
- A one-off bonus of £100 upon successful completion of the 4-month probationary period
- Competitive pay and a pension with company contribution and 28 days annual leave
- Company paid enhanced DBS for all staff
- Free employee support programme
- All our staff are supported 24/7 by our out-of-hours teams
- Support to complete the nationally recognised Care Certificate and Social Care Diploma
Creative Support is a passionate, inclusive, and anti-racist organisation. We are a Stonewall Diversity Champion, Disability Confident Employer who have recently received Investors in People Silver award. We actively encourage applications from candidates from all backgrounds and cultures.
In order to apply, please read the job description and then complete the online application form using the links above.
You can also download a copy of our application form using the links above. Completed Application Forms must be submitted to our Head Office address (below) or emailed to email@example.com to be considered for the vacancy. If you have not received a response to your application within 10 working days of the closing date please accept this as notification of an unsuccessful application. Unsuccessful applicants must wait 6 months before reapplying.
If you require any advice on completing your application form, please call us on 0161 236 0829.
Recruitment Department, Creative Support Ltd, Wellington House, 131 Wellington Road South, Stockport, SK1 3TS