Concierge Support Worker
Creative Support is a national, fast growing not-for-profit organisation providing support to individuals with a wide range of care needs. We are currently seeking highly motivated Concierge Support Workers to join our friendly team in Fleetwood, Blackpool. If you are seeking a rewarding career which has a positive impact on the lives of others, then we would love to hear from you!
We are looking for respectful, warm and enthusiastic individuals to work in our Lancashire Complex Needs Service in Fleetwood. The service is comprised of self-contained flats, accommodating 10 individuals with complex support needs. You will work alongside dedicated staff teams to provide person-centred support that enables our service users to develop the necessary life skills for independent living. As a Concierge Support Worker, you will manage building security and act as an initial contact for service users when on duty. You will support people to access other services which will benefit their physical, emotional and financial wellbeing and will support people to access meaningful and engaging activities both in their scheme and the local community.
You will be required to work between the hours of 1:30pm and 9:30pm.
Concierge Support Worker Duties:
- Managing building security and acting as an initial contact for service users when on duty
- Supporting individuals with the wide range of activities they enjoy at the service and within the Blackpool area, e.g. going out for meals, visiting the beach, gardening, having movie nights and playing board games
- Developing and sustaining warm and trusting relationships with service users
- Record keeping
- Supporting with home maintenance
- Carrying out some light cleaning duties
Although we value relevant experience of supporting people in a community-based service, you do not need to have prior experience if you can demonstrate a ‘can-do approach’, person-centred values, energy and commitment. You will have a strong work ethic and duty of care and be able to contribute to a positive team approach. You must be able to work independently.
Benefits of working with Creative Support:
- A one-off bonus of £100 upon successful completion of the 4-month probationary period
- Competitive pay and a pension with company contribution and 28 days annual leave
- Company paid enhanced DBS for all staff
- Free employee support programme
- All our staff are supported 24/7 by our out-of-hours teams
- Support to complete the nationally recognised Care Certificate and Social Care Diploma
We are a passionate, inclusive and anti-racist organisation. We embrace diversity and encourage applicants from all backgrounds and cultures. As a Disability Confident Employer we welcome applications from people with a disability, and as a proud Stonewall Diversity Champion we actively encourage applications from the LGBT+ community.
We can only accept applications from candidates who are located in and eligible to work within the UK.
We would encourage candidates to apply to this post as soon as possible. If we receive a large number of applications we may process these prior to the deadline.
In order to apply, please read the job description and then complete the online application form using the links above.
You can also download a copy of our application form using the links above. Completed Application Forms must be submitted to our Head Office address (below) or emailed to email@example.com to be considered for the vacancy. If you have not received a response to your application within 10 working days of the closing date please accept this as notification of an unsuccessful application. Unsuccessful applicants must wait 6 months before reapplying.
If you require any advice on completing your application form, please call us on 0161 236 0829.
Recruitment Department, Creative Support Ltd, Wellington House, 131 Wellington Road South, Stockport, SK1 3TS