Community Support Worker
Are you a warm and enthusiastic individual? Do you want to make a positive difference to the lives of others? We are seeking a Community Support Worker to join our friendly community outreach services. If you believe this could be you then don’t hesitate to get in touch!
Our service supports the needs and aspirations of adults with mental health needs, learning disabilities and autism. We provide structured levels of support, which are flexible and centred around the individual. We work together with our service users, their families and wider support networks to build independence and a positive sense of self. You will work to maintain active involvement within the local area, enabling people to access the community around them.
Your role will include:
- Developing trusting relationships with service users
- Maintaining positives links with community organisations and services
- Devising and reviewing outcome focused support plans
- Assisting in the assessment of needs and risk
- Encouraging service users to develop self-care and independent living skills
Previous experience of supporting people in care is valued, but is not essential for this role.
Benefits of working with Creative Support:
- A one-off bonus of £100 upon successful completion of the 4-month probationary period
- Competitive pay and a pension with company contribution and 28 days annual leave
- Company paid enhanced DBS for all staff
- Free employee support programme
- All our staff are supported 24/7 by our out-of-hours teams
- Support to complete the nationally recognised Care Certificate and Social Care Diploma
Creative Support is a passionate, inclusive, and anti-racist organisation. We are a Stonewall Diversity Champion, Disability Confident Employer who have recently received Investors in People Silver award. We actively encourage applications from candidates from all backgrounds and cultures.
We will be interviewing for this role as suitable applications are received and may close this role before the closing date upon a successful candidate being appointed.
We can only accept applications from candidates who are located in and eligible to work in the UK.
In order to apply, please read the job description and then complete the online application form using the links above.
You can also download a copy of our application form using the links above. Completed Application Forms must be submitted to our Head Office address (below) or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered for the vacancy. If you have not received a response to your application within 10 working days of the closing date please accept this as notification of an unsuccessful application. Unsuccessful applicants must wait 6 months before reapplying.
If you require any advice on completing your application form, please call us on 0161 236 0829.
Recruitment Department, Creative Support Ltd, Wellington House, 131 Wellington Road South, Stockport, SK1 3TS