July is Safeguarding Month
Creative Support is committed to ensuring that the people we support live their lives free from harm and abuse. As part of that commitment, we have made July a special Safeguarding Month to raise everyone’s awareness and understanding of the issues around Safeguarding, to promote best practice and to strengthen everyone’s conviction to take action if they see or experience abuse, seeking help and support and whistleblowing where necessary.
During Safeguarding Month we will:
- Be holding a series of regional safeguarding conferences across the country
- Launch our new promotional materials including safeguarding business cards & additional website information
- Put in place a Senior Practitioner to serve as a central contact for safeguarding issues and reporting
- Include safeguarding as a special agenda item at our Board of Trustees meeting
- Hold local meetings for service users and family members to focus on safeguarding and provide all staff with a supervision session dedicated to safeguarding
We have also produced a special edition of the Creative Support Newsletter that focusses on safeguarding, Ensuring eveyone’s safe.
If you have suffered or are suffering abuse, or think you know someone who is and who needs support, please look in our newsletter which provides contacts within Creative Support who can help, as well as links to other organisations that provide assistance.
If you have any questions, issues or would like to share your experiences to benefit others, please do not hesitate to contact Alison White, Marketing and Communications Coordinator at our head office.