Get Walking Day
To make the most of the better weather, The Ramblers celebrate Get Walking Day in May by organising hundreds of short guided walks to encourage everyone to Get Walking …
Why walk? So many good reasons:
Walking is free and you can do it anywhere!
You can do it with friends and family.
It can help you stay healthy and control your weight.
Walking boosts your mood and makes you feel happy.
It’s a good way to discover your local area and explore.
To join the celebration …
- Take a stroll in a local park.
- Participate in an organised walk.
- Go for a short walk with friends.
- Get off your bus a few stops early.
- Become a volunteer dog walker.
- Make it a day trip to a nature reserve or national park.
- Take a trip to the seaside and walk on the beach.
Just take advantage of the sunny weather to get out in the fresh air and walk!
For more information on walks in your region click on the flyers below:
For more information on Get Walking Day, organised walks around the country, getting started, walking tips and advice, take a look at the Get Walking website